From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:04:37 -0500
Dear Listers,

I have found high densities of adult Anadara brasiliana (Lamarck, 1819)
living in black mud just seaward of the surf zone along the coast of Sea
Island, Georgia.  They were strictly infaunal; no byssus or any other form
of attachment to substrate.

Harry

At 06:25 PM 12/23/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Wesley M. Thorsson wrote:
>
>> How many species are usually found in sand/mud?
>
>Scapharca demiri is also claimed to be found in muddy conditions in the
>Black Sea and the Suez.!--
>Constantine Mifsud
>4, Shepherds' Str.,
>Rabat RBT 02,
>MALTA.
>e-mail [log in to unmask]

Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, Fl. 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm