Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:46:51 EST
Dear All,
  It seems as though we have this discussion every so often. If you do not
want to keep the animals you can use Pine oil or, I understand, Mr. Clean
cleaning solution, In a screw down jar of course and maybe a half and half
solution. I put mine in tight containers to bring them home from Eleuthra and
had no problem.
  The shells upon cleaning will smell like Pine oil for quite a while, but
the animals will not have that really yucky dead smell and you can always
leave the rest of the cleaning solution wherever you are staying.
It has been said you can use Rum, Vodka or other alcohol, rubbing or ethyl.
Good luck,
     Carole Marshall