From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:32:26 -0700
I said then:
"December shelling in Alberta... last year this would not have even
occurred to me."
Peter Replied:
You're out of your mind!! Even here in Vancouver I don't do that!
I'm getting frostbite just thinking of you out there. And the
weather report said it was -20C in the Peace River area last night.
I Say now:
Too true today! - it's below minus 20 and there has been snow
effectively covering up the little beasties, but most of December was
downright tropical - well, warm enough to walk around in comfort without
gloves.  Just before Christmas it was actually warmer here than it was
in Tampa Florida - go figure!

I have a few of those Lymneae as well, probably similar size as yours
and they certainly are pretty, and probably one of the largest
gastropods we have here (don't know about BC though).  I plan on putting
together some sets of typical Alberta species, maybe a dozen species or
so for trading for any other marine, land or freshwater species from
anywhere.

Nora
Calgary

Nora