From:
Richard Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 21:32:07 EST
Hello All,

I know many of you who attend the Conchologists of America conventions are
quite familiar with Ben & Josy Wiener.  Well, unfortunately I have the
unpleasant task of informing everyone that Ben died on New Year's Day, with
Josy at his side.  I had been in recent contact with Josy and she is in good
spirits despite everything, as this was something which was expected.  You
can send condolences either by snail mail or calling Josy at:

Josy Wiener
1622 SW 17th Terrace
Boynton Beach, Florida 33426
(561) 740-0084

...and yes this is a new address, as they had just moved from Miami to Palm
Beach County.

Josy does not want flowers or anything like that, but perhaps donations to
shell or marine-oriented organizations in his memory would be appropriate.
Ben was always a delight when he sold those raffle tickets either at the
C.O.A. or at our own Broward Shell Club Shows, and he will now be placed
among that roster of "no longer with us, but always fondly remembered"
shellers!

Happy Shelling...regardless

Richard Sedlak