From:
Philip Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:05:24 -0500
I believe it was Bill Lyons whose collection at the DNR Lab in St.
Petersburg was damaged by a denaturant. What it was, I have no idea.
This may vary from state to state, but in Florida, 153 proof grain alcohol
is available in the liquor stores. Nothing stronger. It runs about $13. for
750 mL.

> From: Aydin Orstan <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Fw: Preserving Mollusks (the animal)
> Date: Monday, March 23, 1998 1:06 PM
>
> Marlo,
>
> I am not convinced that denatured ethanol sold in drug stores contains
> anything that "can also eat up the calcium carbonate in the shell".
According