From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:53:56 -0500
Is it because NO one else will do it....or is it because NO one will train them,
encouragement them or ask them to do it?

I find I have to usually get with that person one-on-one to encourage them, and
then train them to do whatever the job is.

That is how I have built my Shell Show Committee.  One at a time. AND with lots of
encouragement and LOTS of thanks.  I constantly send out thank you notes to members
who jobs in our club.

I don't give members a chance to say "NO".   I just say "What are you going to do
to help out in the Shell Show this year"  As club members and with the biggest
event of the year and the money maker and out reach that is done by this
event......I believe all members have to be involved in this event one way or
another.   EVERYONE who is a member of our club takes part in our shell show in
some way.  Even if it just means donating 6 bags of potato chips for the lunch
room.

Maybe the problem is the Approach!!!

Bobbi

--