From:
Betty Jean Piech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:00:41 -0500
I agree with Don, Ashish's shells are probably the dark form of Oliva
miniacea (Röding, 1798).  The only other possibility would be the dark form
of Oliva vidua (Röding, 1798) but it does not normally have the bright
orange interior.  See the excellent little book Siput Dan Kerang Indonesia
(Indonesian Shells) Vol. I by Bunjamin Dharma, 1992 .  It is not written in
English but the photography is good.  Maybe the two names should be in
synonymy.

Betty Jean, The Tall One