From:
Patrick Draeger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:50:10 EST
    Last November while on a trip to Panama City Beach, I had the opportunity
to snorkel in St. Andrews Recreation area.  There is a little lagoon there
bordered by the jetty on one side and the beach on the other.  Poking around
in the rocks in 3ft of water, I found a small cymatium, about 57mm in length,
being eaten by a fish.  The shape of the shell resembles C. caribbaeum, but
it lacks any teeth on the inside of the outer lip and doesn't have any strong
vertices.  Could this mystery shell be a juvenile caribbaeum, or could it be
another species?

Many thanks in advance,
Patrick in Indy