From:
Karlynn Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:16:04 -0500
I have a good freind who is a shell-collector.  She would occasionally miss a
shell or two, but decided that she must have put the shell  somewhere else and
sooner or later it would turn up.  This happenned on several occasions over a
period of two years or so and she began to worry about the trustworthiness of
her friends (I don't think she was suspicious of me.....).

The mystery was solved eventually when she saw her cat reaching into a potted
plant in the library.  As she watched silently from the doorway, the cat
retrieved a shell, batted it around on the table top for a few seconds, and then
picked the shell up in its mouth and took it to the dining room, where she
deposited the shell into a crevice under the baseboard molding behind the
carpet!

Searching the potted plants, and all around the dining room baseboard, she found
what she believes to be all of the missing shells!  She returned them all to her
shell room upstairs.  Two days later, she found two of the same shells at
different spots on the staircase!  The door to the shell room was kept closed
from that day on and she never again "mis-placed" a shell!

--
Karlynn Morgan

Post Office Box 7606 / Naples, FL  34101-7606 / USA
FAX:  (941) 649-8165