From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:37:29 -0800
I use Eudora Light.
For this you check off "word wrap" in Tools, Options..., Sending Mail.
To change the "message window width" in Tools, Options, Fonts & Display.

I'm not an expert, but I belive that's what's needed.

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada

At 01:28 PM 17/02/00 -0700, you wrote:
>>     I got a question. How come most postings fit real nice in the frame
>> of yer monitor. But a few others start a sentence and the thing wraps
>> laterally twice around the room? All on the same line.
>
>Your browser automatically sets the line length of messages using plain text
>format at 76 characters per line (or something similar). This accommodates
>news servers that do not display more than 80 characters per line. When
>messages are quoted in a reply, the original text is usually marked and
>indented with an additional character. If your message is likely to be
>quoted after posting, set your text to wrap at 70 or 72 characters per line
>to prevent text from running beyond the edge of the window.  I use Outlook
>Express  and this is how to set this feature.  Netscape is similar.
>
>On the Tools menu, click Options.
>
>On the Send tab, in the News Sending Format section, select Plain Text, and
>then click the Plain Text Settings button.
>
>In the text box for Automatically wrap text at x characters when sending,
>type the number of characters you want displayed per line.
>
>Thomas Eichhorst
>4528 Quartz Dr. N.E.
>Rio Rancho, NM 87124-4908
>USA

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca,
student of zoology and computers for life.
Step into my website:
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/seashell/index.html