From:
Ken Zentzis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:41:54 -0500
Hi James,

You have a specimen of Anguispira alternata (Say, 1816), Family: Discidae.
I find similarly strong-ribbed and darkly colored specimens (also with a
noticeably angular shoulder) here in parts of Kansas. My Minnesota
self-collected specimens, and those from certain other localities in
Kansas, are more pale, smoother in sculpture, and have more rounded
shoulders. There are many named subspecies and forms, but I am not sure of
the current validity of most of them.

Ken
Wichita, Kansas, USA