From:
peta bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 18:59:30 -0300
Helmit, you should have asked before I mailed the last parcel. Our shower drain is almost always full of shell grit and sand
... all joking aside if you really want "shellgrit" I'll mozie down to the beach and dig up some , you prefer the stuff
that's full of little shells that's at the wave zone???
I'll even go to the salt marsh and dig up some mud. I can also get some dredge material too. Now you have to do something for
me ,,,, only one tiny request that might be echoed by the vast majority ,,,,, stop asking for donations!!!! or ask for less
expensive shells, i bet you don't have (or want) many "common" shells in the museum der hinterland. My once great conus
collection had many of the "biggies" but personally i really liked the common conus generalis and conus magus is extremely
interesting . It's difficult to find any two conus magus that are the same ..... my generalis ranged in color from lemon
yellow to black and all colors in between....So there you have it , get common and enjoy.....Ferret