From:
"Guido T. Poppe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 14:58:07 +0200
> The
> Linnaean system provides a good way to unambiguously identify taxa and give a
> general idea of its characteristics and relationships.

This is true, but its application today is dramatically difficult:
For the Ficidae we had to work several months to get correct names on a
dozen of species that are "large".

As far as I know: 80% of the existing mollusks can be identified on a dozen
places in the world only. The rest of the humanity has no access to the
libraries one needs. We are working on an internet project that may help
dissolve much of this problem, but it will take lots of time, work and
money. Any suggestions ?

Guido