From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:49:40 -0600
Hey Emilio,

I think I found my niche:

Pleurotomaria - Not too knowledgeable in managing their
                         financial affairs much less shell a collection.

Describes me to a tee.  And as for Peggy thinking Turrids ought to be top
because they are tough.  Tough?!!  Tough?!!  Lets try darn near impossible.
Two groups of collectors really impress me because it seems like they are
standing at the bottom of a very long, steep hill.  Those who do micros and
those who do turrids.  Yeah, I know, both are beautiful with great shapes
and great colors; and I have a fair selection of both groups.  But you sure
can't find them in the Compendium.  It is a collection that demands lots of
tough research -- my hats off to you (actually, I haven't worn a hat much
since I retired from the Air Force -- just the occasional baseball cap to
protect that ever widening bald spot -- er, I guess it's probably an area by
now and not a spot).

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA (trying to do anything but write the
newsletter)