From:
"Maassen, W.J.M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:15:03 +0200
I agree with Helmut that topotypes has nothing to do with the nomenclature
rules, but topotypes could very usefull ! I working for several years on
asian land molluscs and it is not always possible to get some types in loan
from musea for several reasons. Often only a  holotype excists in bad shape.
It this case a nice sample of topotypes is very helpfull. Possible Helmut
thinks this is not the case in european land molluscs but as I collect many
times in former Yugoslavia and it was always the main goal to collect on
type-localities in order to collect some larger samples of topotypes as are
available in the collections of musea to compare.