Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 09:16:30 EDT
My top ten books for the survey are:

Seashells of Long Island, New York - Long Island Shell Club
American Seashells - Abbott
A Golden Guide- Seashells of North America - Abbott
Compendium of Seashells - Abbott and Dance
Compendium of Landshells - Abbott
Seashells of the Tropical West America - Keen
American Museum of Natural History - Guide to Shells - Emerson and Jacobson
Shells of the Philippines - Springsteen and Leobrera
A Collector's Guide to Seashells of the World - Eisenberg
Caribbean Seashells - Warmke and Abbott

It was difficult to leave out Vaught's book on classification and Kay's book
on Hawaiian shells, so I am adding them here for honorable mention.  Also,
please note that half of my favorite books are written by Tucker Abbott.

Regards,
Linda Springer-Rushia
Long Island, New York