From:
Andrew Dickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:49:25 -0400
> > Is the Scaphella junonia found on the east coast of Florida?  Are
> they
> found
> > in South Carolina? (beached after a storm?)

Some texts say this shell is found off the Carolinas and I have seen some
for sale from North Carolina and it is found off the east coast of
Florida.

For some reason this shell seems to be scarce off the east coast of the
U.S. and I have not heard any specimens found by scuba diving anywhere
off this coast north of the Florida Keys.  I bet someone on this forum
has heard or seen otherwise.

I did hear about a Scaphella which was found off Palm Beach in 60 feet of
water but it was lost during the dive.  I was told it wasn't a junonia.
It was probably a Scaphella georgiana which somehow came up from a wall
leading to much deeper water.

Andrew