From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:54:49 +0000
First, add my name to the list of Lipe-supporters: as members of the
Conchological Community, they qualify as "the Finest Kind", as we say up here in
New Scotland!

Now, this advertising thing has been booted around for as long as the list is in
existance.  The way i read it, it is mainly directed against the more blatant
types of messages -as in "hey, i just added a bunch of stuff to my site, so Come
on Down!!!". Many of the list's inhabitants seem to like being told about such
things as site improvements (especially when non-commercial features are
announced) and additions of images, which even folks who never buy from online
dealers can enjoy.  Those who think that even such innoculous submissions to the
list are "too commercial" - well, there are not that many of them at the best or
worst of times, so just Grin and Bear it - life is too (fill in the blank here -
lots of concepts fit!!) to get all hot under the collar about Triva (unless of
course you mean members of the genus, which are really quite cute!!).

From the Wilds of New Scotland,
Ross.

P.S.: Re eBay - i once hoped this would become a great place to buy and sell
shells, but to tell the truth, its not looking so good anymore: IF and when they
set up a category just for Specimen Shells the situation will most likely
improve, but the way it is now the shells and prices there are truly a "mixed
bag" (IMHO, ie!). (that said, if you are quite careful, and don't get carried
away by Auction Fever, you can nab a few good bargains there every now and then!!)