Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:05:30 -1200
Dear All,
    I got this question from a friend and want to give him as much
information as possible...so jump on in, please!  Thanks,    Mariah

""I have collected some Swan Mussel (Anodonta cygnea) shells  in Romania
that were floating on top of the lake, why, do you suppose ? There were
hundreds of these animals floating on top of the lakes' surface and the
creature sort of fell out of the shell when lifted clear of the water? I
thought that mussels of this type lived at the bottom of the lake in the
substrata! Any and all info would be appreciated.""

--
Mark and Mariah Lawson
http://user.icx.net/~midgard/frntdoor/frntdoor.htm