From:
Morton Kessel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:18:03 EDT
I'm looking at shells from an evolutionary standpoint.  There are so many
right handed shells and so very very few left handed shells - worldwide
(which rules out Coreolis effect as a cause).  The most common example of a
"lefty" here in Florida is Busycon contrarium (sinistrum).  Any thoughts on
why this should be so would be welcome to me and maybe to the list.
Mort Kessel