From:
Kev Lamprell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:01:28 +1000
Can anyone help this lady from Griffith University-Kev

"Does anyone know of the existence of coelomocytes or other
phagocytozing
cells in the gut lumen of molluscs?" I mentioned briefly that the
information is needed for research being undertaken at Griffith
University
in association with the Qld Museum and that we are interested in ant
information at all on immune systems in molluscs.

I have searched the immunological data base and biological abstracts,
but
cannot find any reference to coelomocytes in molluscs.  If necessary
I'll do
some simple histology.  It took me about 10 minutes to find coelomocytes
in
annelid guts".