From:
Scott Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:52:16 -0800
Dear Henk,

There is a colony of O. lactea at my mother's home in La Habra Heights,
California, at an elevation of about 450 feet.  It has been there for years
and is quite healthy.  I have seen that a local handbook on land snails
illustrates this introduced snail (as such).  Specimens that I have
collected had the dark aperture.  They are quite an attractive shell (OK,
not Polymita, but about as good as it gets in this area).

Regards,

Scott Jordan