From:
Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 06:21:38 -0800
The answer depends on which boat ramp (520, ramp road, etc.) and whether they were Eupleura
sulcidentata (Sharp-ribbed Drill), Eupleura caudata (Thick-ribbed Drill), or Urosalpinx tampaensis
(Tampa Drill).  Although the former two were once reasonably plentiful in the Banana River in the
Cocoa Beach area, in recent years I've only seen the Tampa Drill in any numbers.  Sulcidentata shows
up rarely and as very small specimens.  Caudata is plentiful north of the NASA causeway, but I
haven't seen any in the Cocoa Beach area for many years.
--
Marlo
Merritt Island, Florida