From:
Joe and Nora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:01:26 -0700
Joe here. Not really shell related but touching on some recent themes.

Ammonites: I agree with Andrew's choice of book. Also,   I've just added a
Cretaceous (Alberta)  ammonite page to my website. Photos only.  Go to:
http://www.geocities.com/joe2nora/ca.html?979681133300

this ties in with scanners. The photos are taken with an Agfa Snapscan ($99
Cdn).... so are 90% of dino fossil photos on other pages.

Microscopes: go back to main page (modest name of World Paleontological
Site) and go to page on 'Ankylosaurs' (drawer 7)...the teeth were
photographed with a $59 Intel microscope...plugs right into computer. Also
lots of fun for kids if you have any. Compare photos to drawings for size
comparison.

My site is new, sort of under construction (aren't all sites?). I beg
forgiveness for not having a size scales...I had to remove them when it was
pointed out that screens are different sizes, etc...I will have to add a
different scale method.

Right now its frustrating only being able to show those fossils I can
scan...'greys and blacks' are difficult! Also 'big' fossils are not
scannable.  I have stayed mostly with Cretaceous fossils at this time but
hope to add several pages on fossil mollusca in the not too distant future.
Hopefully including a page on fossil Pleurotomaria and relatives.

Sea rising?...please see the subheading of my ammonite page!  Global
warming...well, last week Nora and I went and collected freshwater snails
(no snow)...because she is creating a Western Canada freshwater shell site
and ...if it snowed she would have had to have  waited until Spring. I kind
of hoped it would have snow as now if she works on her site we have to share
the computer.