From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:49:23 -0500
Hi Ezequiel,

you can reach me know again, as my provider and server is working again.
[log in to unmask] I'll
answer the requests later about this afternoon or tomorrow.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

----------
Hi everyone!

I would like to ask if anyone can tell me which of the following species
can be found living in the woods (woodland areas):

the following species as you noted down don't live directly in woods
(woodland areas)
Cecilioides acicula, Aegopinella pura, Oxychilus spec. Chondrula species
are species, which can live closer to woodlands than the others, but not
very well in needle-woods This doesn't mean that the others only in open
areas, but there might be trees, bushes, lighter woods (but not trees with
needles, laeve woods or mixed ones). The other are living about more in
open areas but these areas can be bodered with
a few woods.

Helmut

Campylaea planospira
Oxychilus sp.
Cepaea nemoralis
Caeciliodes acicula  right: Cecilioides acicula
Pomatias elegans
Rumina decollata
Helix aspersa   right genus used by us: Cryptomphalus aspersus
Retinella pura  right genus: Aegopinella pura
Helix aperta  right genus: Cantareus apertus
Cernuella virgata
Chondrula tridens
Cochlicella barbara

I would also like to thank Helmut Nisters for the info he posted earlier
about some land snails. I have been unable to reach him directly.

Ezequiel M. Pinto-Guillaume