From:
Thomas Clenche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:18:59 -0400
hi all;
I found this little tidbit in my "Bizzarre news"

Welsh Professor's Mussel Stressed

University of Wales - The previously prestigious University
of Wales has spent thousands of dollars examining the question
whether mussels can suffer panic attacks. Yes, that's right,
some professor decided this was an important question to answer
so researchers placed dog whelks, which eat mussels, in a tank
and monitored the mussels' heart beat. The results? Mussels'
heartbeats increased for up to 24 hours even after the dog
whelks were removed.

I hope you all enjoy it!
Thomas Clenche
Low Tide Crafts