From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 09:01:13 EDT
Tom,

It's stories like yours that make me feel better about cheaping out on hiring
professional movers. But I've got a better story. My girlfriend, Carol, had
to do a fast company-dictated move complete with kids and big pets. The
company in question provided the services of a moving compamy, but it was
very rushed and Carol was very frazzled. When she got to the other end and
started unpacking, she discovered the movers had packed all the wastebaskets
in the house, including the moist and, by this time thoroughly-ripened,
kitchen garbage pail without emptying them. After all, that was not in their
job descriptions. Yipes.

Thanks for the heavy-shell tip. I'll be sure to put some weight on the bottom
of each box.

Ellen