From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:45:16 +0200
You should speak like it is written. Xenophora.
X like in Xantippe or Xylophon. X ist not to speak
like a Z. My mother and I know quite well how toi
pronounce Latin and maybe I can make once a tape
with pronouncing Latin in the right way. But there
are several problems with c, if you have to proncounce
caesar or kaesar. The c like a c or a k.
best shelling greetings to you all.If you can send
me some names which should be pronounced correctly
I will make a test for this.
Helmut

--- "Carol B. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]> schrieb: >
Years ago, I had a cassette tape and a small book by
> Tucker Abbott describing
> the pronunciation of certain shell names.  I can't
> find it now, but I would
> like to know if anyone can tell me how you pronounce
> "zenophora"?  We had a
> rather heated "discussion" of this name and would
> like to know if there is a
> CORRECT or INCORRECT way to pronounce this.  Also
> does anyone know if this
> cassette/book are still available?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carol