From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:13:24 -0400
Dear Conchlers,

I also have a small flag or banner and a target of the Conch Republic in my
office at the natural
history department of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck as
well as 2 t-shirts.
How this happened. I got it from a person in Innsbruck, Harald Schlegel,
from birth German
leading director of a car-house (Ford) in Innsbruck and (self ?) voted
consul of this "Republic"
for Austria. As there was the leading "state-man" from this invented
republic for a visit in
Innsbruck for presenting tourism and officially welcomed as a state man I
asked Harald
Schlegel to provide me a few Strombus gigas for the museum, among them one
cutted to
blow it. I saw consul Schlegel the first time in the local press together
with that person from
conch-republic (but at the moment I don't remember at the moment his name)
and so I asked
him for the shells. A few weeks later I got 4 specimens including that for
blowing and the
souvenirs. I should be also in the guestbook of the Conch-Republic. More I
don't like to
tell, as the consul has cheated (deceived) the car-house for about 3
millions of Austrian shillings
as the press let know later, but this was his problem and not the problem
of the conch-republic.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: ISDN 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
                   0043 / 512 / 57 63 07
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]