From:
Scott Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:05:47 -0800
Dear Harry,

Wow, you got to the heart of that one!  It is interesting how the small
type rn (RN) looks like m (M).  I was at first confused by your posting
because my eyes could not discern the difference, hence the typo in the
Zoological Record.  I suppose that rr (RR) is a similar mistake.  Well done
Harry!

I did find a record in Poggendorff of a Dr. Johannes Gundlach, Professor of
Mathematics and Physics at the University of Marburg, who died in 1819.
 Perhaps a predecessor?

Scott Jordan