From:
Mary Canada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:14:23 -0500
Why are you wanting to dredge in this area?  Won't pulling a dredge (no
matter how small) create a swath of destruction to the natural bottom?  Are
there seagrasses growing in this area?  It seems to me that pulling a dredge
behind your boat will create something quite similar to the prop scars
created by boats when they ground in the flats. Have you considered the
prospect of habitat destruction?  And if so, have you checked with local and
state government agencies to see if a permit for dreding is required?
Mary