From:
Scott Schubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 14:24:47 EDT
I urge everyone to keep updating your virus protection. I thought I had just
recently done so, but after running my live update of Nortons yesterday, I
saw that I had done it nine months ago.
About a year ago my sister unknowingly sent me the stealth.B boot virus,
which is a fun little thing that destroys all of your drivers boot
capabilities. I had just bought a new computer, and the virus protection that
was pre-installed was pathetic, and it didn't catch it. This virus totally
destroyed this computer, but at least I bought the extra warranty so I could
bring it back and exchange it. Before I even got it home I stopped and bought
Nortons, and it has caught a lot of things so far.

Scott