From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 23:09:12 EDT
Hi folks,

I've yet another cleaning question.

I've recently moved to Flagstaff and I'm living on the east side of town in
an area called Timberline, not on city water, but part of a water
cooperative. This water has so much mineral content that all the faucets and
showerheads are encrusted with white. Dishes and glasses and tupperware gets
spotted and encrusted too and it doesn't take repeated washings to do it.
We're in the desert, so you take what water you get and you're glad to have
it. Actually, it's pretty tasty.

I have this swell helmet that Carol collected in Eleuthera and it's just got
that last little bit of smelly meat in it. I need to soak it, but I don't
want white encrustations on that glorious shield (or face, or whatever you
call it).

Would adding a bit of vinegar to the soak water help? Or maybe salt? Any
ideas?

Thanks,

Ellen