Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:40:04 -0400
-oidea is now the official ending for superfamilies.  Before
the ICZN made this declaration, -acea was widely used by
molluscan workers.  This results in some potential
confusion, as a few genera also end in -oidea.  Thus,
Nuculoidea is a Paleozoic genus in the superfamily
Nuculoidea.

    Dr. David Campbell
    Old Seashells
    University of Alabama
    Biodiversity & Systematics
    Dept. Biological Sciences
    Box 870345
    Tuscaloosa, AL  35487 USA

That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand
Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G.
Wodehouse, Romance at Droitgate Spa