From:
Jerry & Lucy Clampit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 17:35:03 -0500
Fred,
A quick check of my olive cabinet showed that most of my O. tigrinas are
from Africa.  The exceptions are two O. t. glandiformis that I purchased
from a dealer last fall.  Their data slips say that they were collected
in the Sulu Sea, May 2000.  Since this person deals primarily in
Philippine shells, I have no reason to doubt the data.  Zeigler and
Petuch both say that tigrina can be found in the Philippines.  Abbott
says "tropical Indo Pacific."  Don't know why this would not be included
in the new book.

Lucy Clampit
Houston, Texas
USA