From:
Betty and Bob Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 20:46:19 -0700
Paul R. Monfils wrote:

> I just received a mailing from a commercial shell importer, advertising a
> "closeout/liquidation sale" with prices "below wholesale".  One of the items
> they are offering is "Bear Paw Clams" (Hippopus hippopus) in several sizes.
> I'm not familiar with the company, but here's the information:
> Pac Rim Import-Export
> 5915 Graham Court
> Livermore, CA  94550  USA
> Phone: (510) 371-1258
> Fax:  (510) 371-1259
>
> Paul M.
Paul, I think a lot of people received the same flyer.  Most of the
shells and coral listed are protected now.  You take a chance when you
order something, even it you get in by COD.  You have to pay before you
can open the boxes.  It might be just fine, but I'm going to ignore it.
Where did such a supply of flutted clams etc. come from?

Bob Lipe
Bob & Betty Lipe mailto:[log in to unmask]
The Shell Store: http://theshellstore.com