From:
Bill Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:54:34 -0400
I doubt that the specimen(s) collected were alive and the collection of dead
specimens is permitted in Florida waters
(see: http://marinefisheries.org/Ch68B-16.htm). However, having had a
recent "interaction" with a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation
Commission
officer in regards to collecting shells, I personally wouldn't press my luck
in
regards to that point or anything else that requires them to know the finer
points of the law (or for that matter the laws in general).

It should also be noted that the specimen(s) were apparently not collected
in Florida waters. However, if alive, they could not be legally landed in
Florida.

Bill F.
www.jaxshells.org