From:
CHARLES F STURM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:40:42 -0500
Lynn,
  If everyone had to resign every time an indiscretion occured we would
have no politicians running our government. I suffered the same faux-pas
many years ago. A friend sent me and several others an e-mail, I replied
to him but sent my comments to everyone. Some of the comments were not for
general knowledge but for my friends-eyes-only. Needless to say, we all
survived and continue on to this day.
  You have admitted your mistake, appologized for it, now WE should get
past it and move on. Those who have small minds  and weak character will
continue to hold these things against you. Most (many) of us have already
put it in the past (and I suspect some mentioned in the e-mail are in this
group) . You have made many valuable contributions and I
venture to say, you will continue to make many more in the future. Let's
forget about this, move on, and please do not relinquish your position.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History
                     Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine