From:
lindawbush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:25:17 -0500
Hi, Fellow Shell Enthusiasts!

I would like to know what our most knowledgeable Pectinid
workers think of attaching the "gabonensis" name to the
Nodipecten nodosus; also, I recently noticed "fragosus"
listed as a form of Nodipecten nodosus.  It had been
referred to as a separate species?  COmments - Bret, Henk,
etc.?

Also, I discovered yesterday (to my chagrin) that numbers
writen on a plastic bag with "permanent" ink (not china
ink) will rub off with friction.  Be sure the shells
inside the bag are numbered, or, in my case, I am using my
"Shrinky Dink" numbers glued firmly to the bag, for small
shells, and glued to the shell with the glue most
crafters use (it will come off readily with acetone and
doesn't seem to harm the shell, as ELmer's will.

Cheers,
Linda