From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:07:40 -0800
Dear Friends on the sunny side of the country,
      A week or so ago, I mentioned a person who was stealing shells in
Southern and Central California, even to Northern California.  I didn't
remember his name but I wrote to Yvetta Williams, who gave me that
information.  No, he was not a dead beat trader/dealer, but an outright
thief.  As he was never jailed, but was convicted of his crime, I feel, as
does Yvetta Williams that I should send you the two correspondences that I
received from her, to protect those dealers, clubs and collectors in
Florida, as he has a second home in Honduras, and Florida is his
jumping-off place for that connection.
        here then are Yvettas two responses to my inquiry on his name.  I
have also sent these letters to Tom Rice as a warning for COA Convention in
Tacoma.
Dan

HI-  Good to hear from you. I have a new e-mail address that I use more
which is [log in to unmask]

Got your e-mail. The shell thief is Neil Keller. Last known address is 1809
Isabell Ave. Monterey Park, Calif. Phone 213-724-4641.  He was an art
teacher at Washington High.  He "allegedly" took coins, jewelry, insects,
shells, and probably anything else that he could.  He was GOOD!!!I got a
letter from the police which said they didn't have enough info to continue
with the case.  Yes, right.  We only had his picture, drivers license copy,
SS number, address, phone.  The police took shells from his house.  We had
to return them after awhile.  He was convicted in Morro Bay and Laguna so he
was caught. Also the Long Beach police talked to him.   LA was too busy with
OJ but they did search him home and take his shells.  He had a house in
Central America so it is very possible that he would be in Florida coming or
going.

Neil came back to San Pedro after we closed (and after he couldn't go into
shell shops had worn off,) and went into Lynn Hansen's shop. She recognized
him right off.  He was shocked to see her.  Actually bought a few items.
She didn't think he got away with anything.

Good! Head him off at the pass! We need to get the info to Florida.
Honduras is where his house was and Florida is the jumping off point.   Good
to hear from you again. Do keep in touch.  Yvetta

p.s. Yvetta was the owner of the "Famous" THE SEA shell shop in San Pedro
California, until 1997

Dan & Hiromi Yoshimoto
1164 Vista Dr.
Eureka, California