From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:01:09 -0800
Dear Friends,
In a couple of weeks I'll be giving a talk to several classes of elementary
students on mollusks.  This time I have chosen to bring our Syrinx aruanus
(Linnaeus, 1758) to share ideas of Range, localities, feeding habits and
forms.  I would like to know if you could help by sending me collecting
localities (if you have collected) and where collected. (Intertidal,
subtidal to what depth, alive, dead and numbers of seen specimens at
collecting location. (Abundant, scarce, rare?)
        As the Eureka City School District is starting 4 Oceans Immersion
Months, through the Lawrence Hall of Science, at Berkeley, California, each
school will have an intense month of learning about the sea and its
creature.  I have been "elected" to do the seashell portion of that month
for eac school.  It is an exciting program but can only be successful if we
can give our students an accurate idea of the possibilities that they will
be able to find, while studying this fascinating, largely untapped portion
of the planet.
        Thank you in advance for any help/information that you can give.
Dan Yoshimoto

Dan & Hiromi Yoshimoto
1164 Vista Dr.
Eureka, California