From:
Bob Abela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 06:07:03 +1000
Thought I'd post an update on my live Conus aureus that I've had several
months now.
"Aureus Linus" is doing well and, thus far, has fine-dined upon Cymatium
nicobaricum,
Cymatium gemmatum, Stombus microurceus, Strombus fragilis and the one
Murex laciniatus previously mentioned.
It has shown no interest in the Bursa cruentata placed in the tank about
a month ago.
So that's interesting. And, no surprise, it ignores the live clams.

Bruce Livett suggested altering hours of tank lighting. I ended up just
eliminating the tank lighting
altogether. This has improved my ability to observe this nocturnal
creature.

I just missed another photographic opportunity yesterday...when I looked
in the tank, I saw that it
was actively hunting. So I placed a live Strombus microurceus in there.
I came back about an hour later
and the Cone had already consumed it! Still have yet to capture any of
this on film...but I will.

Bob Abela
Tamuning, Guam