From:
Cecil Bankston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:42:29 -0500
The following was posted to Conch-L [excerpted]:

Date:    Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:03:00 -0400
From:    Allen Aigen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: JDBGMGR.exe virus

----__JNP_000_2eee.12d2.595e

Everybody:

I just found out we received a virus that automatically is passed on to
people in email address books.

Do NOT follow the advice in the message.  It is a virus hoax.  The named
file is a normal Windows system file, not a virus.  If you delete it you
could cause problems with your system.  You should never forward such
messages without checking their veracity at a site such as
http://www.snopes.com/snopes.asp or even Google.
--
Cecil N. Bankston
Baton Rouge, LA USA