From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:04:03 +1000
Dear All,

Following a sad family occasion three weeks ago, I found myself in a Boeing
747 flying about 10km up in the air over a completely cloudless central
Asian continent. As we left the snowy mountains of Afghanistan behind, and
the little villages of Georgia, we flew over the Caspian Sea. I found
myself wondering, peering out of the window, are there any shells in this
utterly desolate place? On the shores of this inland sea, I did not spot a
single village, on the water, I did not see a single boat (admittedly, it
must have been about 5am..). The shores and the water looked so lifeless it
seemed like the ocean equivalent of a desert.

Has anyone ever seen any of these shores close up, or know anything about
them? Are there any shells in the Caspian Sea?

just wondering

Patty

Dr. Patty Jansen

Bookshop: http://www.booksofnature.com
Publishing and info site: http://www.capricornica.com

Books of Nature
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070
Australia

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098

E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]