From:
Bob Abela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 05:11:24 +1000
Hi Sophie,

I find this topic fascinating and I must say that I am in agreement with
you.

So many factors need to be considered.
Does preferred habitat impose collecting limitations?
What about efficiency of the collecting method itself?
Rare species become common once a preferred habitat is discovered while
older literature cites it as rare.
Local populations may be scarce one year only to be followed by a
population blooms.
Common species may not be common at a particular location, or perhaps
become rare over time.
This list can go on!

To me, the term "frequency" implies statistical support.
I'd rather see general comments supporting a species "obtainability."
Perhaps I'm being nit-picky here?

I'd love to read more on this topic.

Cheers,

Bob Abela