From:
Chris Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:54:03 -0700
Bobbi Cordy wrote:

> Chris Brown wrote:
> >
> > First, I'd like to thank everyone who provided advice and suggestions
> > regarding setting up a collection database.  Since Microsoft Access is
> > already installed on my computer, I've decided to give it a try, and so
> > far, so good.
> >
> > Secondly, my only area of interest and semi-expertise is mollusca of the
> > Gulf of California (Sea of Cortez).  Anyone who has an interest in this
> > particular area and additionally interested in comparing notes,
> > comments, collections etc., please feel free to LMK.  I'd also be
> > interested in dealers who have inventory from this region.
>
> We made many trips to Guaymas on the Sea Cortez about 20 years ago.
> We loved collecting there.  We collected intertidally and by diving
> from our own boat.
>
> Do you want a list of specimens collected (or what?)
>
> Articles on our trips were published in OF Sea and Shore.
>
> --
> Jim & Bobbi Cordy
> Specializing in Self-Collected
> Caribbean & Florida Shells
Yes, I would be interested in a list of what you were able to find back
then.  Our family made several trips to San Carlos in the early 70's as
well, and that is pretty much where my interest in shell collecting
began.  I have not been back since, and of course there has been
tremendous development down there over the past 15 years or so.  I'm
curious has to how all that has affected shelling in that area.