From:
Stephanie Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:13:49 +1000
Hi all

To continue this dual larval thread a little more, the following year
Philippe Bouchet added a contribution. (1989) A review of poecilogony in
gastropods. Journal of Molluscan Studies 55(1):67-68. Unfortunately I can't
double check the paper as me and it are in two very far apart places but
basically all cases thought to have dual larval development at the time of
the paper, were shown, on closer examination to be two or more species, eg
a one genus of the top of my head was a small red nudibranch, Rostanga,
which has very similiar (cryptic) species some of which have direct
development and the others had planktotrophic development.

But like Harry I hadn't heard of the Skenid example it could possible but I
would be a bit skeptical but hey I am supposed to be thinking about
terrestrial and freshwater snails right now not their marine cousins.

Stephanie

Stephanie A. Clark

Biodiversity & Systematics
Department of Biological Sciences