Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:25:17 -0400
Dear Kay--et al;-
   Actually some shells do ward off specific misfortunes. Many years ago, I posted an E. angulatum Say on the doorpost of my house to ward off ellephants. I can testify, that we have never been bothered by elephants. Now, if there was only a shell that was specific for ants---.
      Art

> From: Kay Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2003/10/14 Tue PM 12:37:41 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: good luck mollusks
>
> When my father was in the Admiralties, in the early 40's, the good luck
> mollusk was Ovula ovum.  He saw it hanging over doorways.  In one instance, someone
> brought a heavy load of something ashore, and left an O. ovum conspicuously
> on top until he returned with some help in carrying his possessions home.
>
> Kay

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!