Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:17:52 -0500
Adriana,

You may consider obtaining a copy of this book:

[ "Chitons of the World - An illustrated synopsis of Recent Polyplacophora"
by Frans J.A. Slieker (160 pages, hardcover. L'Informatore Piceno, Ancona,
Italy. ISBN:8886070055 - 2000) Draws upon a large body of scientific
literature about Chitons into one popular tome. The book encompasses over
500 species.  The illustrations are in color including illustrations of 61
type specimens. The book arranges the species by faunal provinces. ]

Slieker's book will help you better understand the scope of the family and
the species found in the Caribbean.  Not all Chiton workers will agree with
the taxonomic treatment, but this is the most complete single reference of
a worldwide scope published to date.

Rich
www.worldwideconchology.com