From:
Nancy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:32:42 -0800
Thanks Andrew,

So this feature is actually the shell structure?   I think I was misleading
by using the term 'nacre' (I apologize).   What I meant is the actual
surface "feel" of the shell... which you explained with the term "shagreen".

So does Cypraea (Umbilia) armeniaca also have this shagreen sculpture?   If
not, why?  :)

Nancy Smith